Sunday, June 14, 2015

Walking

Walking

Tell you something--
One day I looked at my soul and I said
...soul...
What are you doing
Why are you sitting there...
You've got two feet.
Get up and walk.
And soul said, that's a long road up there
And I said, yeah. Just start walking.
And soul said its too hard, that road...
And then Jesus stepped in. He said "child".
I said what, Lord.
...just like that...
And He said, 'see that road'? and I said yes,
He said, 'its a long one'. I said yes, Lord.
And He said, 'Its pretty tough, too'.
Yes, Lord.
He said-
You know I've already been there,
But I'll walk it again with you, child.
Here, take my hand.
Get up.
Start walking.
Walk, child!
So I did. I took His hand and I started walking.
Sometimes I walk slowly, sometimes I climb over things
and fall down the other side; He always catches me.
Sometimes, I run and skip for joy, some days He carries me,
some days I crawl, some days I fly.
But mostly I just walk.
And walk
One step, and another, walking.
Sometimes it seems like I'm all alone,
and I look for someone--anyone. Then I remember.
And when I look straight up the road, there He is,
Waiting for me.
Every time.
I just take another step.
And keep on walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment