Thursday, June 18, 2015

Miracles

I was reading in Mark today and the passage from Mark 3:23 to Mark 3:29 stood out to me. As I was thinking about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, I was reminded of a time when I went to a church that fell into the "Toronto Blessing" type of movement and how uncomfortable that made me feel.

It's a story for a different time, but I was then reminded of and looked up Revelation 16:14 "For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." and again, "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshi
ped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." (Rev. 19:20)

It's pretty clear that satan works miracles (remember the guys who threw down their staffs and they turned into snakes, just like Moses' staff had?) and if he does, how are we to tell which is which, and how can we keep from committing that sin of blasphemy?

As quickly as I asked, God answered, "By their fruits you will know them."

I wish all my questions were answered that quickly and clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment